We are in the process of moving from our temporary location in the YMCA to a more permanent location of our own!
Building fund update as of June 18, 2017:
If you haven’t turned in your pledge, please do so and prayerfully consider establishing a recurring contribution to the building fund. You can do so by visiting the building fund page or clicking the button below.
What are we looking for in a building?
Embark cannot just move anywhere. Moving from our temporary location at the YMCA to a more permanent location will bring a sense of Embark permanence to the community as well as establish our brand. It is important we present a professional, established image to the community if we are going to witness Jesus and meet our mission of helping people spiritually grow. A “viable location” includes these factors:
- Our location must be highly visible and easily accessible.
- 10,000-12,000 square feet to accommodate our growth, build a 400 seat auditorium, provide children’s ministry space, fellowship space, and more.
- A church will never outgrow its parking lot or bathroom space.
- Purchasing, developing and building on land is cost prohibitive. As a result we are looking at existing buildings, most likely establishing a long-term lease that fits in our budget.
- The building must be able to support interior and exterior renovation.
How will the money in the building fund be used for relocation?
The money will come from 2 sources – internal (from the congregation) and external (from outside the congregation). As the money comes in, we will be applying it to various costs such as:
- Fees – lawyers, real estate, and other unknown costs
- Initial leasing
- Architecture plans
- Interior and exterior renovations
- Utilities, office expenses and others
- Other unknown costs
To contribute to the building fund, click the below button