On June 10, 2018, the members of Crestview Baptist Church, located at 3600 Columbia Road, voted and approved to transfer their property to Embark Church. Crestview Baptist Church has had a long, 40-year history of reaching people for Jesus, creating disciples, and making an impact for the Kingdom of God in Orangeburg. With this vote, Embark prays and plans to continue their long legacy of faithful witness to Jesus Christ and acknowledges that ONLY HE could have made this possible. The property was legally transferred on June 15, 2018.
Ephesians 4:4-6 states, “there is one body and one Spirit–just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call-one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.” In keeping with this scripture, we recognize the church is one as well. There are many individual churches, with particular locations, worship styles, programs, and cultures but they are all different expressions of the larger, worldwide church of Jesus Christ. Embark gives God all the glory today because there are other brothers and sisters that recognize this and have communicated that witness through their actions!
Many of you are asking now, “What’s next?” To be clear, Embark WILL NOT immediately move into the 3600 Columbia Road property. There are many repairs and renovations that must first occur. As a result, we anticipate remaining in the YMCA for the next 9-12 months. Here are the immediate steps we have begun taking regarding the 3600 Columbia Road property:
- Coordinating with service providers. Embark is assuming the physical property, utilities and other infrastructure costs. To ensure there is no break in service, we must coordinate with the Crestview finance team and other service providers (like DPU) to transfer billing.
- Contractors. Embark is contacting contractors, architects and other necessary firms in preparation for renovations. This process includes scheduling site walks, explanation of our vision, evaluating bids, and various other actions. We anticipate this taking anywhere from 30-90 days. This step will define our timeline.
- Additional funding. Embark has already raised, and is continuing to raise, building funds for the renovations. However, we will still need to get a loan and are making the necessary arrangements.
- Preparing for re-launch. Moving into our permanent location means we must relaunch Embark into the community. As a result, we are beginning to develop our “re-launch” plan.
- Communication. We want to keep you informed of our progress! To do that, we will update this page regularly. You can subscribe to these relocation updates by simply entering your email to the right under the “Subscribe to blog via Email.” The updates will automatically go to your inbox.
We are excited about what God has and is doing, the new friends we have made with Crestview and how HIS kingdom is being furthered! Praise Him as we look to His future!